St. Valentine’s Day, also known as the Feast of Saint Valentine, or just Valentine’s Day, is the patron holiday of February. For some of us, it is just another day, for others it brings marriage proposals, flowers and/or chocolates.
As a child, we had the privilege of taking old shoe boxes and spending hours decorating, gluing and sparkling them up to accept the beloved classmate Valentine!
So in honor of the month of love, here are some fun facts about February 14:
- February 14 was declared a holiday by King Henry VIII in 1537.
- After St. Valentine was buried, Julia, the daughter of his jailor, planted an almond tree with pink blossoms near his grave. The almond tree today is a symbol of lasting friendship and love.
- Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine's Day candy box in the late 19th century. Today, there are at least 36 million heart shaped boxes of chocolates sold.
- There are approximately 50 million roses given on Valentine's Day around the world. Approximately 27 percent of those who buy flowers on Valentine's Day are women. The other 73% are men. Approximately 15% of women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
- Cupid is the son of Venus. Venus was the god of beauty and love.
- In the middle ages, superstition said that if you were single, you would end up marrying the first single person of the opposite sex that you met on Valentine's Day.
The Pur360 team believes in standing behind its work and process, that is why we offer our customers our transferable “Purtificate” and written guarantee.
We guarantee 100% eradication the first time, and if necessary, we will retreat the property until the issue is resolved or refund your service fee. Though not a common practice among remediation companies, we believe in holding ourselves to a higher standard.
Whatever your method of celebrating, February is the perfect time to put a little love in your heart! Live smart. Breathe easy. Pur360.